guilty conscience...



Hello Readers ;*
Week 3 of uni is starting tomorrow, time to get serious and work hard, i might neglect the blog for a while but its for my own good.

I was in the city couple of hours ago, heading back home on a crowded sunday, it was around 5 pm, pretty dark, cold and it was raining. i walked briskly next to Macdonald's on Swanston street the one near flinders, and there was an old homeless man, not the covered in raggedy clothes dirty and smelly type, just an old poor man, i almost pumped into him he was short and going my way asking for coins, i felt he touched my leather black jacket so i got pissed saying: waaakher!!! i dont have any!! 


As i continued to walk i heard him saying : "Im hungry, I want to eat" , in the most heart breaking tone i have ever heard in my whole life, i had to go back, i dont know how can i describe my feelings. i felt guilty and he really broke my heart! i felt like i was mean and in a second turned to a sane! ... i walked back, opened my purse got my wallet out and gave him all my coins, they were probably 3 dollars and 40 cent.. as i was giving him the coins i asked him what are you gona eat? he pointed at Mcdonald's, i told him yeah go eat, these coins will do. i felt like im a good person, i wasnt even smiling when i was talking to him, i still had my grumpy face, it was just too quick for me to change my mind and go give him the coins. he then said "thank you, you are beautiful" i think he meant in the soul.. he barley saw my face i believe lol it was really quick, i walked away and felt that it was peaceful and nice.. i hope he ate something :), hmmm. 
surprisingly! 30 min later, when i got home, my mom sent me a message saying "check your account, i transferred some money to you.. love you".
i do believe that god treated me.. it was amazing. 




وعلى نياتكم ترزقون 


to all of us who have more class than that guy, the next time you buy that new video game, cd, pair of boots, outfit, or whatever crazy fatty foods sitting in your dorm, apartment, or house, remember those who don't have the option to buy them, and the 38.2 million people (including 14 million children) who are starving to the point of death.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...